Make Authentic and Delicious Homemade Tortillas with this Heavy Duty Cast Iron Tortilla Press
Sausage and Rice Burrito Wrap Recipe
This Sausage and Rice Burrito Wrap is a filling and delicious breakfast, lunch, or dinner option. Any appetite will be satisfied by the combination of savory sausage, tender rice, and flavorful vegetables wrapped in a warm tortilla.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Combine rice, water, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and cook for 18-20 minutes, or until rice is tender and water has been absorbed.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the sausage is browned on all sides.
- Set aside the sausage from the skillet.
- Add the red bell pepper and onion to the same skillet.
- 3-4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Return the cooked rice and sausage to the skillet.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Spread a tortilla out on a flat surface.
- 1/4 of the sausage and rice mixture should be placed in the center of the tortilla.
- Top with 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half, then roll it up from the bottom to make a burrito.
- Continue with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil until ready to serve.
That's A Wrap Cookbook
Aluminum Tortilla Press
Wraps: Easy Recipes For Handheld Meals
Elite Gourmet Non-Stick Quesadilla Maker
Beef and Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Greek Chicken Gyro Wrap Recipe
Spinach and Cream Cheese Wraps Recipe
Cucumber and Cream Cheese Wraps Recipe